Operational since August 2015, Bandhan Bank offers a wide range of fixed deposits with an AAA rating, making it one of the most stable and reliable investment options. Bandhan Bank fixed deposit schemes are highly popular among risk-averse individuals, especially senior citizens, due to their guaranteed returns. Let’s explore more about Bandhan Bank senior citizen FD rates, features, benefits and how to avail of them.
Bandhan Bank Senior Citizen FD Rates 2023
Refer to the following table for Bandhan Bank FD rates for senior citizens for deposits amounting to less than ₹2 crores.
|FD Tenure||Rate of Interest|
|7 days to 14 days||3.75%|
|15 days to 30 days||3.75%|
|31 days to less than 2 months||4.25%|
|2 months to less than 3 months||5.25%|
|3 months to less than 6 months||5.25%|
|6 months to less than 1 year||5.25%|
|1 year to 499 days||7.75%|
|500 days (1 year 4 months 11 days)||8.35%|
|501 days to less than 2 years||7.75%|
|2 years to less than 3 years||7.75%|
|3 years to less than 5 years||7.75%|
|5 years to up to 10 years||6.60%|
Features & Benefits of Bandhan Bank Senior Citizen FD Rates
Other than preferential Bandhan Bank senior citizen FD rates, here are some of the exclusive features and benefits you can avail of by investing in its fixed deposit schemes.
- Bandhan Bank’s senior citizen FD scheme is designed with monthly and quarterly interest payout options.
- The FD schemes have a flexible tenure ranging between 7 days to 10 years.
- Loans up to 90% of the available deposit amount are available under Bandhan Bank FD schemes, along with an interest ranging between 1.5% to 2%.
- All FDs can be withdrawn early, except for tax-saving FDs. However, a penalty will be applicable on such premature FD withdrawals.
- The auto-renewal option is available for Bandhan Bank FD.
- Investors can nominate beneficiaries for their FDs.
- RBI’s Deposit Insurance Scheme covers Bandhan Bank deposits up to ₹5,00,000.
How to Book Senior Citizen FD from the Bandhan Bank?
You can book Bandhan Bank FD online or offline. Here are the ways:
There are two ways through which you can open a Bandhan Bank FD account online. Let’s find out what these two ways are.
1. Internet Banking
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to avail attractive Bandhan Bank senior citizen FD rates through its online Internet Banking portal.
- Step 1: Visit the Bandhan Bank website and log in to your net banking account.
- Step 2: Choose “Fixed Deposit” and select your preferred type of FD.
- Step 3: Enter all your details along with the nominee and maturity instructions.
- Step 4: Click on “Submit” once you are done to complete the process.
2. Phone Banking
A senior citizen FD online booking in Bandhan Bank can also be done through its mobile banking app. Here’s how to do so.
- Step 1: Download and install the Bandhan Bank app.
- Step 2: Go to the “Fixed Deposit” section and choose your preferred type of FD.
- Step 3: Provide the required details and nominee and maturity instructions.
- Step 4: Click on “Submit” to complete the FD booking process.
Here is a stepwise process you need to follow to open a senior citizen FD account in Bandhan Bank offline.
- Step 1: Visit the nearest Bandhan Bank branch.
- Step 2: Submit a duly filled FD application form along with the documents required and the deposit amount.
- Step 3: Once your application is successfully verified and processed, your FD will be booked, and you will receive a receipt.
Documents Required to Open Senior Citizen FD
You will need the following documents to book a Bandhan Bank FD:
- PAN Card
- Passport size photos
- Bandhan Bank FD account opening application form
- Form 15H or Form 15G
- Identity proof (Aadhar Card or Driver’s license)
- Address proof (Voter ID, Passport or Electricity Bill)
- Age proof (Birth Certificate)
Eligibility to Open Senior Citizen FD
You are eligible to open a senior citizen FD with Bandhan Bank if you belong to the following:
- Applicant Type: Indian Residents, Non-Resident Indians, Partnership Firms, Hindu Undivided Families.
- Age (for individual applicants): 60 years and above
Bandhan Bank senior citizen FD rates vary between 3.75% and 8.35%. However, the FD rates and tenures of the bank are subject to change over time. Therefore, it is in your best interest to visit the official website of Bandhan Bank or contact a bank representative to know or verify the prevailing FD rates before investing.