Fixed deposits are one of the safest investment options in uncertain and volatile market conditions. ICICI Bank fixed deposit is rated “AAA” and is one of the safest investment avenues. The bank offers an interest rate of up to 7.65% p.a. for senior citizens above 60 and up to 7.1% p.a. for senior citizens below 60. Learn more about ICICI Bank senior citizen FD rates, its features, benefits, and other necessary details.
ICICI Senior Citizen FD Rates 2023
Refer to the table below to know ICICI Bank FD rates for senior citizens:
|Tenure||Interest Rates for Deposits less than ₹2 Crores||Interest Rates for Deposits of ₹2 Crores & above|
|7 days to 14 days||3.50%||4.75%|
|15 days to 29 days||3.50%||4.75%|
|30 days to 45 days||4.00%||5.50%|
|46 days to 60 days||4.75%||5.75%|
|61 days to 90 days||5.00%||6.00%|
|91 days to 120 days||5.25%||6.50%|
|121 days to 150 days||5.25%||6.50%|
|151 days to 184 days||5.25%||6.50%|
|185 days to 210 days||6.25%||6.65%|
|211 days to 270 days||6.25%||6.65%|
|271 days to 289 days||6.50%||6.75%|
|290 days to less than 1 year||6.50%||6.75%|
|1 year to 389 days||7.20%||7.25%|
|390 days less than 15 months||7.20%||7.25%|
|15 months less than 18 months||7.65%||7.05%|
|18 months to 2 years||7.65%||7.05%|
|2 years 1 day to 3 years||7.50%||7.00%|
|3 years 1 day to 5 years||7.50%||7.00%|
|5 years 1 day to 10 years||7.50%||7.00%|
Features & Benefits of ICICI Senior Citizen FD Rates
Take a look at the exclusive features and benefits you can avail by choosing ICICI senior citizen FD rates:
- ICICI Bank Fixed Deposit guarantees stable returns unaffected by external factors and provides security, liquidity and flexibility.
- You can choose a flexible tenure ranging from 7 days to 10 years, allowing you to match your investment to your financial goals and needs.
- In case of emergency, you can withdraw funds partially or completely before maturity, ensuring immediate access to your money for urgent needs.
- Senior citizens get an additional 0.50% interest rate, maximising their returns on their investments.
- You can avail 90% of principal plus accrued interest through an overdraft against your Fixed Deposit, giving you instant liquidity without breaking the bank.
- You can opt for automatic renewal to seamlessly continue your FD for the same period, eliminating the need for manual intervention and avoiding any loss of interest.
How to Book Senior Citizen FD from ICICI?
You can book senior citizen FD from ICICI in more than one way. You can do it online or offline.
1. Internet Banking
- Step 1: Log in to your ICICI internet banking account with your credentials.
- Step 2: Choose “Open Fixed Deposit.”
- Step 3: Enter all the required details along with nomination information.
- Step 4: Submit, and your FD will open instantly.
2. Mobile Banking
- Step 1: Download the ICICI mobile banking app and log in.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Open Fixed Deposit” option.
- Step 3: Provide all the details as required.
- Step 4: Submit, and your senior citizen FD will be booked.
- Step 1: Visit the nearest ICICI branch.
- Step 2: Submit a duly filled application form, all the documents required, and the deposit amount.
- Step 3: Once your application is successfully processed, your FD will open, and you will receive an FD receipt.
Documents Required to Book ICICI Senior Citizen FD
You will need to accompany your application with the following documents while applying for ICICI FD rates for senior citizens.
- Identity and address proof (Voter ID/ passport/ driving license/ Job card issued by NREGA/ Aadhaar ID/ letter from National Population Register)
- Age proof (Birth Certificate)
- Passport size photographs
- FD account opening application form
- PAN Card or Form 60/61
- Bank account details – account number, IFSC code, and branch name
Eligibility to Open Senior Citizen FD
You need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to be able to open an ICICI Bank senior citizen FD:
- Applicant Type: Resident individual, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and Persons of Indian Origin (POIs) and Members of Partnership, Private or Public Firms.
- Age (in case of individual applicants): An applicant must be 60 years or above.
ICICI Bank offers an additional 0.5% interest rate to senior citizens; the FD rate can be a minimum of 3.50% and go up to 7.65%, depending upon the tenure. The senior citizen FD tenure varies between 7 days and 5 years. You can open an FD online or visit the nearest branch for the same.