Union Bank has been around since 1919 and has a range of deposits and accounts, such as savings, salary, current, trading, and more. They’re known to be the fifth-largest public sector bank in the country, with their headquarters in Mumbai, India. Union Bank’s net banking solutions are both for its retail and commercial customers.
Here, we delve into a step-wise deep dive into the numerous features Union Bank net banking offers.
How to Register for Union Bank Net Banking?
Wondering how to start net banking at Union Bank? Here is a detailed overview of the steps required:
Step 1: Log in using the official website of Union Bank of India.
Step 2: Select the ‘New User’ option as you are using it for the first time and registering.
Step 3: Follow the steps on the screen. You will be asked to enter personal details like registered mobile number, bank account number, customer id etc. Please enter those correctly and double-check. Once you have done that, click on ‘Submit’.
Step 4: Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and click ‘Proceed’.
Step 5: Once verified through OTP, you can set a password. Please remember the password you set.
Step 6: Enter the password you wish to set and confirm.
Step 7: All done! You should see a confirmation message on your screen that says you have registered successfully.
If you have an ATM card, you can also use that to create your UBI net banking login id and password through the Self User Creation module. You can also use that to reset your password.
Top Services Offered by Union Bank Net Banking
Now, let’s talk about some of the e-banking Union Bank of India services which make this option appealing. These can be accessed through the bank’s official website.
- Balance checks? No problem! You can check your balance through SMS, phone call, internet banking, mobile banking, and more. Plus, Union bank net banking and phone banking services are accessible 24/7, so you can bank on the go or at home in your pyjamas. This includes online transactions, viewing account balances, ordering a chequebook, etc.
- To register for Union Bank’s net banking facility, you can do it either online or offline. The online method requires entering your details and an OTP sent to your registered phone number, while the offline process involves visiting a Union Bank of India branch and filling out a form.
- Their customer support is available around the clock. You can contact them through SMS, email, or a toll-free number.
- If you want to open a savings account with Union Bank of India, you can do it online or offline. The online method involves downloading their ‘Union Selfie & M-passbook’ app and scanning your Aadhar and Pan Card. The offline process involves visiting a branch with your KYC documents.
- You can transfer funds using Union Bank net banking using IMPS/NEFT to your accounts or third-party accounts.
- You can also create fixed/term deposits, an online demand draft, request a new chequebook, and stop cheque payments through Union Bank net banking.
- You can also make direct/indirect tax payments, utility bill payments, book online tickets etc.
Union Bank Net Banking: Service Charges
As Union Bank net banking is extremely convenient, you might wonder what they would charge. Here are the details of the service charges according to the bank’s website.
|Type of Service||Charges|
|Net banking password generation/regeneration using Self User Creation or Reset Password modules||Nil|
|Password generation/regeneration asked in print using physical paper||Flat ₹150 postal charges + ₹30 per password for retail users Flat ₹250 charges (postal and password)|
Union Bank Net Banking: Customer Care
You can contact Union Bank customer care at:
- All-India toll-free numbers: 1800 22 22 44 / 1800 22 22 43 / 1800 208 2244 / 1800 425 1515
- Chargeable Numbers: 080-61817110
- Dedicated number for NRIs: +918061817110
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for other contact options.
With over 8,700 domestic branches, 10,900 ATMs, and 16,200 BC points, Union Bank serves over 153 million customers with 76,000+ employees. Additionally, Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank have been merged with Union Bank of India and have several branches around the globe. Union Bank of India is the first large public sector bank in the country to have implemented a 100% core banking solution.
We hope this helped you gain insight into most Union Banking net banking services. Don’t forget to review the FAQs for some quick answers to common queries.
Q. How can I activate Union Bank net banking?
To use Union Bank’s Internet Banking Services, you must have an account with the bank. You can then register for Union Bank net banking by filling out an application form at the branch, or retail customers can register online through the bank’s Self User Creation module. The verification is done through OTP.
Q. What are the user id and password in Union Bank net banking?
The user id is something you use to log in to net banking — it could be your name or a combination of letters and numbers. The password gives you access to your bank account and is used for authentication.
Q. How can I get a mini statement using Union Bank net banking?
To receive a mini statement, consider the following steps:
- Log in to your net banking using your user id and password.
- Go to the ‘Accounts’ section, and then to ‘Account Summary’.
- Click on ‘Account Statement’ and then ‘View Statement’ of the chosen bank account (if you have more than one).
You can also use SMS banking for many of its services. Click here for the full list.
Q. What are the advantages of using Union Bank net banking?
Using Union Bank net banking, you can save time and resources, do banking from anywhere, anytime at your convenience, experience excellent security, and, in a small way, help the environment through paperless banking.
Q. What is a Union Bank term deposit? Can I apply for it online?
A Union Bank term deposit is a fixed deposit wherein money is invested for x amount of time for an x rate of interest. Yes, you can apply for it online using Union Bank net banking.