Yes Bank is one of the prominent private-sector banks in the country. It was established in 2004 with a mission to provide easy access to a seamless digital banking infrastructure across segments like wholesale, retail, SMEs, and rural banking. The bank aims to discover and cater to new markets while enabling individuals and businesses to unlock their highest potential.
Yes Bank offers attractive interest rates on their fixed deposit and an additional interest rate of up to 0.75% for senior citizens. Read along to learn more about the Yes Bank senior citizen FD rates, eligibility, application procedure and more.
YES Bank Senior Citizen FD Rates 2023
Here are the Yes Bank fixed deposit rates for senior citizens for a period ranging from 7 days to a maximum duration of 10 years.
|7 days to 14 days||3.75%|
|15 days to 45 days||4.20%|
|46 days to 90 days||4.60%|
|91 days to 120 days||5.25%|
|121 days to 180 days||5.50%|
|181 days to 271 days||6.60%|
|272 days to 1 year||6.85%|
|1 year to 18 months||7.75%|
|18 months to 24 months||8.00%|
|24 months to 36 months||7.75%|
|36 months to 60 months||8.00%|
|60 months 1 day to 10 years||7.75%|
The following are the bulk deposit rates applicable for senior citizens with or without premature withdrawal (callable and non-callable deposits).
|Period||Interest Rates for Callable deposits more than ₹2 Crores||Interest rates for Non-callable deposits more than ₹2 Crores|
|7 days to 14 days||5.50%||5.50%|
|15 days to 30 days||5.60%||5.60%|
|31 days to 45 days||5.80% to 6.10%||5.80% to 6.15%|
|46 days to 60 days||6.10% to 6.50%||6.10% to 6.50%|
|61 days to 90 days||6.25% to 6.85%||6.25% to 7%|
|91 days to 120 days||6.65% to 7.65%||7.70%|
|121 days to 150 days||6.70% to 7.70%||7.75%|
|151 days to 180 days||6.75% to 7.70%||7.80%|
|181 days to 270 days||6.90% to 7.80%||7.90%|
|271 days to 1 year||6.95% to 7.85%||7.95%|
|1 year to 18 months||7% to 8.10%||8.20%|
|18 months to 24 months||7.05% to 8.10%||8.20%|
|24 months to 36 months||7.10% to 7.85%||7.95%|
|36 months to 60 months||7.35% to 7.95%||8.05%|
|5 years and above||7.35% to 7.95%||8.05%|
Features & Benefits of YES Bank Senior Citizen FD Rates
Here are some of the features and benefits of the senior citizen fixed deposit offered by Yes Bank.
- Fixed deposit account opening in Yes Bank comes with a smooth and seamless banking process. You can easily book your FDs without visiting the bank branch by using Yes Bank’s internet banking and mobile banking channels.
- You can avail an overdraft facility against your fixed deposit. The overdraft amount can be up to 90% of the principal value of your deposit.
- You can also automatically renew your FD once the term is over by simply providing a standing instruction on auto renewal while filling out the application form.
- It enables the account holders to earn regular incomes by simply opting for monthly or quarterly payout options. Moreover, it enables the account holders to earn higher ROI with quarterly compounding on their deposit value.
How to Book Senior Citizen FD from the YES Bank?
You can avail of a senior citizen fixed deposit both in online mode or by physically visiting your nearest Yes Bank branch. Here are the online and offline FD application procedures on how to do so.
Here’s how you can apply for senior citizen FD online in Yes Bank.
1. Internet Banking
Let’s have a look at the step-by-step guide on booking an FD through Yes Bank’s internet banking portal.
- Step 1: Log in to the Yes Bank net banking using your credentials.
- Step 2: On the left-hand side of the home page, you will find an option called “Open New Fixed Deposit”. Simply click on it.
- Step 3: Enter some of the basic details such as deposit amount, tenure, and branch name.
- Step 4: Provide certain standing instructions such as source account, nomination details, sweep-in and auto-renewal instructions.
- Step 5: Confirm all the details and proceed to “Open FD”. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Step 6: Enter the OTP, and your fixed deposit account is booked successfully.
2. Mobile Application
Here are the steps guiding you to book an FD using the “Yes Mobile” application.
- Step 1: Simply log in to the “Yes Mobile” app.
- Step 2: Select “Deposits” from the options menu, then tap on “Fixed Deposit”.
- Step 3: Enter some of the important details such as tenure, deposit amount, source account and other standing instructions such as auto-renewals, nomination, sweep-in etc.
- Step 4: Confirm the above details and enter your MPIN to validate the transaction.
You have now successfully booked your fixed deposit using the Yes Mobile app.
Apart from applying in an online mode, you can also book your FD traditionally by visiting the bank branch. Here are steps guiding you to apply in an offline mode:
- Step 1: Visit your nearest Yes Bank branch along with all the necessary documents.
- Step 2: Simply obtain an FD account opening form for the help desk.
- Step 3: Fill in the application form carefully.
- Step 4: Attach the necessary documents along with the application form and submit.
Upon successful verification, the concerned official will provide you with an acknowledgement receipt.
You can earn an attractive Yes Bank fd interest rate for senior citizens if you are an individual of age above 60 years. Here is a list of some of the essential documents you need to submit in order to do so.
- Fixed deposit account opening form (duly filled)
- PAN card
- Identity proof (Passport, aadhaar card, driver’s license)
- Address proof (Aadhaar card, voter ID, driver’s license, NREGA Job Card)
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate)
- Form 15 (g) and Form 15 (h)
- Sweep In form (if required, to enable smart access)
Eligibility Criteria to Open Senior Citizen FD
Here are the eligibility criteria to avail of a fixed deposit account with Yes Bank.
- Applicant type: Indian residents, HUFs, partnership firms, companies, sole proprietorships firms, family trusts, clubs, associations and societies.
- Age of the applicant: The minimum age to be eligible for a senior citizen applicant is 60 years.
Yes Bank offers one of the highest additional interest rates for senior citizens, which is up to 0.75% above the regular FD rates. The advanced IT infrastructure of the bank enables customers to experience smooth and seamless online banking services, which becomes a necessity in the post-retirement stage of life, especially for senior citizens.
Although now you know the latest Yes Bank senior citizen FD rates, make sure to go through the bank’s terms and conditions before making any significant investments.